Grants & Contracts Financial Administration
Effort Reporting System FAQs
- When I try to log into the system, I am prompted to enter my old password and a new
password. I enter my old OKEY password, but the system doesn't recognize it. What
should I do?
The password that has expired is your HRS password. If you do not know your old HRS password, you will need to go to this link http://hr.okstate.edu/pwreset and follow the directions to have your HRS password reset. You will then log in as normal with your OKEY password.
- I have multiple employees on my grant that need to be confirmed. When I log in, I
only see one individual. How can I view the rest of the employees?
You will need to hit Enter to view the next page. Continue to hit Enter to view additional records.
- I have multiple pay records showing for one employee. Why?
The system pulls all payroll entries that were posted in the month being confirmed. If an employee is paid bi-weekly, you should see multiple pay records for that employee.
- What does the End Date refer to on the UP1 screen?
The end date of the grant that is listed.
- When I log into the UP1 screen and enter the year and reporting period, my screen
is blank. Why?
One explanation is that the PI does not have any payroll on his/her grant(s) so there is nothing to confirm. Another reason could be that the OPID number of one or more employees that were paid from the grant in the applicable month is not in the system or is incorrect. This could happen if the PI had one OPID number and then received a new one, the OPID number was transposed on the routing or entry or the OPID number was not given on the routing or emergency account request.
- When will payroll appear in the system if an EA form was submitted after the monthly
It will show up in the same month that it will show up on the HRS 419’s.
- If a person is paid from funds from two different colleges and a variety of accounts,
will both PI’s receive the notice to confirm?
- If a person is paid from funds from two different colleges, does the payroll fall
on the account of the home department or do both areas receive the information?
The system pulls by OPID so all PI’s listed on the account(s) will receive the notice. If they have a delegate, the delegate will receive the notice.
- If a fund change was done after the payroll deadline, will it show up on the time
and effort report or is it necessary to acknowledge by the manual system?
Once the recast has been completed, the payroll will show up in the time and effort system the month that it hits HRS.
- As an administrator, how can I confirm if my PI’s have correctly completed their effort
confirmation and certification?
Yes, you will need to log into ePrint’s HRS Production. Select the OSU A21 Not Conf by Dept report and then select the most recent report. You can filter by the PI or by Department in the Page Key dropdown box. Then select Pick Values Manually to choose the PI or department that is desired. After selecting ‘Get Report’ and ‘PDF’ (or TEXT), the report will appear. The records listed on the report are those that have not yet been confirmed and certified.
- When I enter ‘N’ on a payroll record in the system with an explanation that this amount
is not correct, does HRS automatically update?No, you will need to contact your administrator to complete an HRS recast. Once the recast has been processed, the payroll that will appear in future periods in the time and effort system will reflect the correction.