Administrative Support Employee Certification Incentive Pay Plan
OSU Human Resources
Certification is a highly valued professional achievement within Oklahoma State University. It demonstrates a level of knowledge and expertise within the profession. The attainment of certification allows the employee to enhance their professional career and benefits both the employee and the department.
- Accounting Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Associate
- Administrative Support Assistant I
- Administrative Support Assistant II
- Administrative Support Specialist I
- Administrative Support Specialist II
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Executive Administrative Associate
- Executive Assistant
- Financial Assistant I
- Financial Assistant II
- Sr. Administrative Support Assistant
- Sr. Administrative Support Specialist
- Sr. Financial Assistant
Various certification courses are available to administrative professionals. In order for a specific certification to be approved, it must be directly related to the position duties, associated with a national professional association, and require demonstration of expertise by examination.
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) - International Association of Administrative Professionals; www.iaap-hq.org
- Employees are encouraged to secure approval for completion of the certification to insure the certificate program will qualify as relative to current work.
Courses leading to certification may be paid for by the department as part of the employee's training plan. Travel expenses incurred through the acquisition of certification will be paid as with other training events. Examination fees are not paid for by the department since a professional certification remains with an employee should s/he ever leave the University.
- $0.50 hr / $86.67 mo / $1,040 yr for acquiring approved certification.
- The certification must be received on or after the date of approval for the incentive plan. Certifications received prior to the adoption of this plan are not eligible for the incentive.
- The employee must have satisfactory performance and not have any current corrective action in place.
- Increase in pay will remain active for as long as the certification is current and pertinent to the position duties.
- Multiple certifications do not result in additional increases in pay above the initial increase listed above.
- All certification requirements must be fulfilled before a pay increase can be granted.
Procedures and Approval Process:
- Submit formal request to complete certification as covered under the incentive plan to immediate supervisor for approval. This must be completed and approved prior to the completion of the certification.
- Form must be approved by immediate supervisor and unit administrator and will be kept in the employee's personnel life.
- After obtaining the certificate, the employee must submit their official certificate documentation to their appropriate supervisor. Pay increase will be added within 30 days after receiving this documentation.
Oklahoma State University reserves the right to modify, revoke, suspend, terminate or change any or all provisions of the plan, in whole or part, at any time, with or without notice. The language appearing in this document is not intended to create, nor is it to be construed to constitute, a contract between Oklahoma State University and any or all of its employees.
Review and Approval:
Christa Louthan, SPHR; Chief Human Resources Officer
Joseph B. Weaver Jr.; Senior Vice President, Administration & Finance